Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Progressing forward

I met with my church's Outreach/Mission chairperson, last week. We discussed all the things that need to be done. Right now I'm getting information on the hotels that Sharon mentioned to me to decide which would work the best for us. Also, I am awaiting info on airfare from my contact at Velocity Tours. Hopefully they will be able to get us a good deal. The people at Velocity Tours were such a great help to us, when arranging, our very short notice, travel to Guatemala, to bring home our son. So far I have been able to get tons of information from my friend Marlene, regarding transportation, food, and hotel costs. Thank you Marlene! I hope to have an outline compiled of the approximate costs for the trip soon. Once I am able to get my husband still, we will be discussing and deciding on what type of project we want to work on while we are in Pana. I really would like to help out in the clinic at least one day or part of a day. There is also the possibility of helping with concrete flooring for a family or replacing a roof for a family, the possibilities go on and on.... So definitely something we need to sit down and discuss.

On a different note, I want to say Thank you Nikki, for designing this blog! It looks great! Now that we are starting to get our plans together and get a date, for our trip, set, I am really getting excited! When I started thinking about doing some type of service project, it seemed like Guatemala, though very much in my heart already, was placed on my heart even more so. That we will be able to follow this journey, that we've been called to go on, fills my heart with joy. It is such a blessing for us to be given the opportunity to return to Guatemala and do something to help the families.

1 comment:

Becky said...

How Awesome! I would love to do this, but it might be a few years before I could attempt it. I'd be happy to help you all out in going though.


Lake Atitilan