Friday, July 11, 2008

General

We are still awaiting the final go ahead for our fundraiser, but I just wanted to post some of my thoughts. With each day, I feel more excited about our upcoming trip. It is kind of scary too, since we will be traveling to a part of Guatemala that we haven't been to before. On our previous trip to Guatemala to bring home our son, we visited Antigua and toured Guatemala City. The upcoming mission trip is heavy in my thoughts and on my heart today. In thinking about it, I feel such peace and joy, that we have been truly called to go on this trip. My son's birth mom, also has been in my thoughts. She gave us such a precious gift. I pray that our Father, fills her with peace that our son is happy, healthy and very much loved.
Though this is a bit scary for me, stepping way out of my comfort zone, I know that this trip is what my family has been called to. Since my first visit to Guatemala, I have felt such a connection to this beautiful country and its' people. I can't help but give thanks and praise to the Father for blessing us with this opportunity. We pray that our fundraiser will be successful and enable us to help many families. Also we pray that our Father may work through us to do his work on this mission trip.

No comments:


Lake Atitilan